August 19, 2014 1:00 am
There is a lot of advice floating around out there about the best ways to manage your life and improve your professional success.
Entrepreneur Magazine recently interviewed five mega-successful individuals – including media magnate Oprah Winfrey and author/entrepreneur Arianna Huffington – to unearth some of the mind-body practices they say helped propel them to success.
Read the responses of these entrepreneurs and decide for yourself if making any or all of their five suggested changes may help vault you to greater accomplishment:
- Deepening the human connection – Entrepreneur Seth Godin, author of “Tribes,” tries to tap in to the human desire for connection and belonging. He advises investing heavily in relationships that matter, cultivating strong ties to friends and family that increase trust and personal security and open the mind to better networking and decision-making.
- Creating energy through exercise – More than one highly successful individual recommends regular physical exercise as a means to opening the mind. Whether it’s walking, yoga, or workouts at the gym, cultivating a healthy body can increase creative energy.
- Getting enough sleep – If you aren’t getting enough sleep, you will crash and burn at some point, said Huffington. Good sleep habits increase mental acuity and foster a balanced emotional state.
- Being grateful – Successful people are grateful people, said Winfrey. They remember to appreciate what they have every day and to say thanks often along the journey. The more you do that, Oprah says, the more successful you become.
- Using stillness as a motivator - Whether it’s meditation, yoga or any other method of achieving a calm state of mind, respondents noted that being perfectly still for some period of every day promotes inner peace, increases the ability to react appropriately, and helps you to better solve problems.
Published with permission from RISMedia.