August 21, 2013 5:48 pm
School supplies and back-to-school clothing and accessories are on sale all over the place right now – and there are good deals available on 2013 model cars as dealers prepare for the arrival of 2014 models.
But, says Lifehacker, a website dedicated to making positive lifestyle changes, there are other good buys to be made in the month of September. At the top of the list:
- Bicycles – Cars are not the only wheels with new models due out in September. Manufacturers are lowering bicycle prices now as the summer cycling season comes to a close.
- Grills, mowers, and patio furniture – It’s a no-brainer that these summertime accessories are on sale right now at home stores everywhere to make room for snow blowers and fireplace accessories.
- Holiday airfare – The best airfare deals come eight weeks before you travel, which means September is the month to start buying plane tickets for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other end-of-year holiday travel.
- Wine – Harvest is in full swing in September, and many winemakers release their new offerings now at attractive prices. It’s a good time to stock up for the holidays.
- TVs and home appliances – With back-to-school sales slowing down, and the Christmas rush still months away, many retailers offer deals on HDTVs and home appliances, especially if you are willing to “bundle” your purchases, buying two or three items at one time.
- Bed and bath – For the same reason, bedding and towels – especially leftover beach towels – may be available at discounted prices during Labor Day sales in September. Save even more by clipping coupons offered by Bed, Bath and Beyond and other home goods stores.
- Summer fruits and veggies – Of you’re into canning or preserving, you can take advantage of the last of summer’s bounty with great buys now on all summer produce, but especially berries and tomatoes.